Guidelines to be followed as per Directorate of Technical Education, MS.www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
Maharashtra State Candidature Candidate, All India Candidature Candidate, Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidate.
- The Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent with Mathematics and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% marks in aggregate in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra state only) or as declared by the Appropriate Authority, from time to time.
- Passed (10+3) Full time Diploma examination recognized by All India Council for Technical Education or Central or State Government or its equivalent examination and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% marks in aggregate in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra state only) with Mathematics as compulsory subject or as declared by the Appropriate Authority, from time to time.
- The Candidate should have obtained qualifying marks in NATA or obtained Non Zero Positive Score in JEE (Main) Paper II.
NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National.
- The Candidate should have passed the HSC or its equivalent examination with Mathematics and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate or as declared by the Appropriate Authority, from time to time.
- Candidate should have passed Full Time Diploma (10+3) examination recognized by All India Council for Technical Education or Central or State Government or its equivalent examination and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as compulsory subject or as declared by the Appropriate Authority, from time to time
- The Candidate should have obtained qualifying marks in NATA as declared by appropriate authority from time to time or obtained Non Zero Positive Score in JEE Main Paper II.
- Any other criterion declared from time to time by the appropriate authority as defined under the Act.
Kindly download the fees structureFee Approval Letter 18-19
What constitutes Ragging
Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely effect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene, and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.Punishments
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semester
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other for a specific period
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited
- Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets, or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and / or penalty, which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
- Any student convicted of an offense of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
- Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complaints, in writing, of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of the educational institution shall, without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the complaint, enquirer into the matter mentioned in the complaint and if, prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offense, and shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further action. Where, on inquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found that there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received, he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complainant. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final.
- If the head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in section “d” above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offense and shall, on conviction, be punished as provided for in section “b” above.